The Argus

The Student News Site of Gresham High School

The Argus

The Argus

Polls

What is the best way to eliminate vaping in the restrooms?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Day 2: Have a Movie Marathon

Sometimes heading outside to get fresh air is not always possible. Luckily, watching movies does not require much effort or planning. Whether watching movies alone or with a group of friends, movie marathons are easy, effortless ways to simply lay back and relax.

First things first: grab a few snacks to munch on while enjoying the flicks. Having a few snacks or a variety of foods will bring the feeling of going to the theater, without the theater prices. Popcorn, candy, chips, soda and ice cream tend to be some of the favorites.

“I eat a bunch of candy [when I watch movies],” sophomore Naomi Solano said.

While some people prefer to watch classic movies, Solano would rather stick to her Netflix queue. Solano claims that it is easy and convenient to watch movies on Netflix because there is a wide range to choose from. One of her favorites is The Lorax. While Solano enjoys the simplicity of Netflix others prefer certain genres.

“I [like] action movies or thrillers,” freshman Matt Proper said. “I like movies that have a lot of content in them.”

Another convenient thing about having movie marathons at home is that there are no theater rules to keep you quiet. Sometimes watching movies with a bunch of friends allows to critique the films. So call up some friends, grab some food, blankets and pillows and find a comfortable spot to chill.

“If I want to have fun, I will plan a marathon with my friends,” junior Kelli Chao said. “[Otherwise] I’m chilling in bed.”

Movie marathons are easy ways to relax at the end of the day, or week, when there is nothing left to do. They are also good ways to gather family around and catch up with them.

“I usually watch movies with my family, and it is usually at night,” Proper said. Proper claims he would rather watch movies with friends because that way he has someone to crack some jokes with.