Album Review: Easton Corbin’s All Over The Road

Album Review: Easton Corbins All Over The Road

Country musician Easton Corbin’s sophomore album seeks praise from those “in love” couples everywhere. All Over The Road is an album about the excitement of the first stages of love.

Most of the songs on this album lean toward the happy side of love. While this makes for a fun, traditional country album, the album lacks songs for the heartbroken, who typically listen to the genre for relatability. Those who are head-over-heels for a mate would appreciate this album compared to those who are  suffering from the consequences of a break-up.

Corbin’s lyrics are not emotionally deep; they lack the true feeling of love behind them. The album is basically a glimpse into a giddy teenager’s head.

“Old trucks rattle down gravel roads/Rivers wind and the northwind blows/Rain drops fall on an old tin roof/And girl, I got a thing for you,” Corbin serenades in “A Thing For You”. These lines show how new Corbin is to love–and music–altogether because he repeats the same happy-go-lucky tune with almost every song, like in “Lovin’ You is Fun”.

Also, the lyrics rhyme like the old “roses are red, violets are blue” poem, making them unoriginal.
Perhaps the next album by Corbin will truly show who he is as an artist because All Over The Road did not do him justice.
In the end, this album is perfect for new lovers who do not care what anyone says. The world needs albums like that every once in awhile.