Most Unforgettable Moments of 2018

Matthew Coffey & Merisa Taylor, Staff Writer

Black Panther (Movie)

Black Panther was one of the top superhero movies of 2018. This movie had great casting and will go down as a MARVELous masterpiece not only because it was a fantastic movie but because it was a big jump forward for the African American community, as Black Panther is the first ever mostly black marvel movie cast.

The Royal Wedding

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle got married on May 19th. Harry is a member of the royal family of England and Meghan is an American actress. Their wedding was a magical fairytale that was viewed nationwide.

Brett Kavanaugh Appointed to the  Supreme Court

Brett Kavanaugh was nominated by President Donald Trump and then ultimately confirmed and appointed to the United States Supreme court.  However,before he was confirmed he was charged with sexual assault allegations. This brought up =talk about sexual assault, and women’s rights.

Stan Lee’s Death

Stanley Martin Lieber, American comic book writer and creator of Marvel™, passed away on Nov 12th, 2018 due to cardiac arrest. He passed away at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Los Angeles, CA, at age 95. This affected a lot of people because he was a huge inspiration to thousands.    

Mass Shootings

Parkland Florida School Shooting

On February. 14th, 2018 fear struck when a student named Nikolas Cruz brought a gun and opened fire at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Students and staff died from this incident.  This was a tragic incident and will not be forgotten.

Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Synagogue Shooting

On  October 27th there was a mass shooting resulting in 11 deaths and 7 injuries Robert Gregory Bowers was arrested.