Staff Send Off: Kendyl Beam

Kendyl Beam, Staff Writer, Page Designer, Editor-in-Chief

Well, this feels weird. I remember being a little freshman and wishing I could be a senior, and now here I am. I’m about to officially adult, move out, provide for myself and start college. Who decided that it was time for me to grow up? I am literally so excited to move on from high school and go to my dream school, it’s only been 18 years in the making. When I look back, high school went by so slow. I feel like I’ve been in this school for 12 years, not 4. It is crazy how I am finally leaving. In this school, I’ve had many ups and downs. From late night panic attacks to school dances, I’ve been through it all.

I don’t regret always being busy. Doing activities is what made school worth going to every day. Even on the days going to school was the last thing I wanted to do, being involved made it suck a little less. I spent all four of my years in student council. I have learned so much from that class. I am convinced I have been in this school more than any other student. From staying here until dark to plan events and coming in during the summer when the AC doesn’t work, I’ve spent so much time in this place.

I’m so excited to start a new chapter in my life and start new. I know someday I’ll miss these high school days, but for now, I’m excited to move on. Thank you GHS for all the experiences, it has been a good time.