The Argus

The Student News Site of Gresham High School

The Argus

The Argus

Polls

What is the best way to eliminate vaping in the restrooms?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

November Wrapped

Student Council – Renaissance

Gresham High School was busy at work this November. After finishing up the blood drive in October, Student Council started head-on with the Thanksgiving food drive. Our goal this year was to feed a full 25 families. Our S.U.N advisor [email protected] came into the class to discuss what was needed from each of us and worked side by side with us throughout the whole process. Just like last year, we held a class competition between each of the participating classrooms. Last year’s winning banner went to the Social Studies department! But this year, the teacher who collected my most food for donations was Ms.Gilges! (Alisha Gilges

It was truly heartwarming to see all of the participation throughout the school! Gratefully, we did collect enough food to reach the goal of feeding 25 families! We even added a bit of extra food into each of the boxes, as we collected more than we needed. Thank you to anyone who participated, whether you donated to receive extra credit, or even showed interest in the food drive at all!

Renaissance was also very hard at work this month. The Staff recognitions committee leader Maritsa (MARITSA CARDOSO-BUSTAMANTE) wrote:

“This November as the staff recognition committee leader, my amazing group was able to experience and contribute to many new things the Gresham High School community hasn’t seen! We recognized the amazing bus drivers with some nice warm coffee or tea on November 15th! We were also able to serve, I believe all the staff in the building that same day as well, which we got a lot of smiles and happy feedback! Some members of my group split into teams and came up with some motivational bulletins that are placed around the school, such as the game controller bulletin and the Spotify bulletin board. We are currently in the works of getting everything prepared for December’s knock-and-drop for all teachers in the building, which is a take-what-you-need box for all teachers who need some more supplies! November 30th, we are collaborating with Gage the Students committee chair, and presenting our awards for November Teacher of the Month and Student of the Month.” 

Along with staff recognition, student recognitions were busy in the halls with “student of the month” recognitions that included certificates and handouts, plus the birthday wall on the first floor! Each month make sure to look for you or your friends’ names as their birthdays roll around! Sports recognitions work very hard during each of the sports seasons working to honor our seniors. As fall sports wrap up, they are starting to work on the Winter sports senior posters for recognition. Sports recognition is also working on an inspirational quotes board to encourage our students year-round!

Now that November is over, both classes are ecstatic to start working on important projects as we go through the holiday season. Student Council is diving right into Winter formal planning, so look out for hint drops for our theme! We are also starting the toy drive to help less fortunate families in our area! Look at the walls of GHS and the Gresham Leadership Instagram for more information (@greshamleadership). Renaissance will continue their work with uplifting our students and staff of the school, we hope to see you all at every Gresham event. Have a great day, gophers!